This is a complex area so it is important to seek advice in order to understand the benefits, the risks and how to maximise your transfer benefits.
At CST Wealth, pension transfer specialist Bridgend, Cardiff, we aim to look after your investments. We specialise in helping pension drawdown investors who understandably want to protect their capital.
We do not handle funds or the investments. Instead, we seek cost efficient providers based on the size of the transfer and planned investments.
It is also important to know that CST Wealth receives no commission from any provider and has no commercial links.
Our typical providers are Standard Life, AJ Bell, Royal London and Alltrust
Please read our pension transfer guide by clicking on the link below:
We have a five step process:
Is a Transfer suitable for you?
- The value offered in the capital sum compared to the pension that you will leave behind
- Do you have a plan B if the retirement income fell below the guaranteed level in retirement
- Your objectives and confidence in dealing with the extra responsibility
If a transfer is recommended we will work with you to recommend a pension trustee and a strategy for the continued growth of the funds.
- We will discuss the level of annual after tax cash flow that you need to fund your retirement
- Should I take all my tax free cash or drip feed it over 20 years?
- Am I likely to make additional pension contributions
- Helping you choose the best self-invested personal pension
- We will help you use legislation to reduce tax for your personal circumstances
- We will minimise the impact of the lifetime allowance ta charge
CST Wealth will recover our fees many times over through the tax and financial modelling that we carry out on your full financial affairs.
Our advice report will cover
- A full review of your pension scheme
- Why transfer and what are the benefits and risks of transfer.
- Preparation of a financial model until age 100 comparing the benefits of stating with guaranteed income compared to a transfer
- A full tax planning analysis with solutions
- A recommendation for a SIPP provider and an investment strategy
- We will help you with all the documentation
- We will prepare the discharge paperwork
- Advice on the timing of capital and income withdrawals
CST Wealth will following the transfer work closely with you to manage the investment performance, tax efficiency of pension withdrawals and your other assets.
Finally, if we don’t think it’s a good idea to transfer we will tell you and will explain why in writing.
Initial advice fee
CST Wealth advice fee based on the transfer value which is billed against your pension fund after the transfer has completed. We don’t charge for a first initial meeting or discussion prior to the transfer advice appraisal process beginning.
Accepting the transfer is an ongoing commitment to invest your funds for lifetime. The majority of our clients appoint CST Wealth as ongoing advisers and our ongoing advice is 0.5% and ongoing fees are deducted from your account on a monthly basis and are not subject to VAT. The costs of a discretionary fund manager and third party costs will be detailed in your advice report.
A solution fully managed by CST Wealth will usually be appropriate for larger accounts over £450,000 and below this sum a simpler solution with funds managed on a platform which also acts as pension provider will be more cost effective.